What is International Introduction to Investment ?
A foundation exam for many higher level CISI qualifications. A first step in the CISI’s qualification pathway and taken by many practitioners. This qualification focuses on international markets and covers key financial principles and products in depth including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives, investment funds, retirement planning, loans, mortgages, and life insurance.
It offers introduction to financial services regulation focusing on financial crime, insider trading and market abuse, and provides candidates with an understanding of ethical behavior and acting with integrity.
- Suitable for new entrants - who are beginning their career in financial services.
- Provides an overview of investment and professional terminology from a global perspective.
- First step in the CISI’s qualification pathway – can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as part of the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
- Free CISI Student membership – become associated with a Chartered professional body and take advantage of an extensive range of benefits.
- Economic Environment
- Financial Assets and Market
- Investment Funds
- Financial services regulation
- Other financial products
This qualification is achieved by successfully passing a multiple-choice question exam. A one-hour exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass mark for the exams is 70%.
The exam is delivered by LSBCA Computer Based Testing (CBT). For booking your CBT, please click here .
If you successfully complete the International Introduction to Investment you will be eligible for Affiliate membership of the CISI.
Membership enables you to develop your career, increase your competence and maintain the highest standards of personal integrity. The programme of free professional benefits assists you to keep up to date with the industry